Indian Tea Association has launched its Sustainability Cell in December 2016. The cell would coordinate and Monitor and report on all activities of the ABITA-UNICEF project on Promotion of Child Protection, health, Nutrition and WASH amongst Children and adolescents from Tea communities across 116 Tea Estates in Upper Assam. in Dibrugarh, Tinsukia and Sivasagar Districts of Assam . Presently the following programs are in progress
1. Nutrition for Workers and their families .
2. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program to enhance health standards in Tea Estates.
3. Child Protection and Child Rights Program amongst Tea communities .
39 tea estates
15 tea Estates
09 tea estates
MAJOR ACTIVITIES APRIL- DECEMBER 2016 IN TINSUKIA, DIBRUGARH AND SIVASAGAR DISTRICTS.
1. Community Awareness programs on Health , Nutrition, protection of environment through rallies and organising street plays and drama in 116 estates.
2. Fruit tree Plantations completed in 56 tea estates by providing 5600 fast growing saplings.
3. 47 Sports workshops held on Football, Karate , handball etc. For adolescent girls clubs.
4. 6 workshops were conducted for adolescent Girls clubs on Life Skills Development in Doom Dooma, Margherita, Naharkutia and Tingri Circles of ABITA
5. Peer leadership Training , Capacity building workshops for Child protection committees.
6. Weekly iron Folic supplementation program ( WIFS) with Aganwadi workers District Social welfare department
7. Development of kitchen Gardens in 39 Tea Estates completed. More in Progress.
8. 9 Nutrition shops are functional in Tea estates.
9. In collaboration with the Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh cooking demonstration programs in 39 Tea estates have been completed.
10. Review meetings with Managers held at frequent intervels
11. ODF ( open defecation free) status achieved in 7 ABITA estates. By October 2017 further 60 estates targeted
12. Work with Public health Engineering ( PHE) on improved sanitation and water supply in progress
ABITA – UNICEF PROGRAMS 2017
The programs on Health, Nutrition Sanitation and Child Rights and Child Protection is in progress . Report will be uploaded in June ‘17 for the first 6 months of the year
OTHER INITIATIVES OF THE SUSTAINABILITY CELL
Towards Positive Changes in the Quality of Life of Tea Population in Upper Assam - ABITA & UNICEF Intervention
ABITA – UNICEF Partnership
India Tea Trade Day (ITTD) 2019 on Thursday, 4th April 2019 at Hotel, Taj Bengal Hotel, Kolk Read More
INDIA TEA TRADE DAY 2018 (ITTD) Indian Tea Association (ITA) writes to convey the decision of the I Read More
Indus Food - Global Food & Beverage show of India at India Exposition Mart, Greater Noida over 1 Read More